About Me

She's wild, She's young, She's impulsive, She's indecisive. She's Miss Y.

Friday 12 March 2010

Me, L and the tour-bus

I'm going to make a huge jump from when I was 10 to when I was 16 and take you with me on my groupie-trip. The story starts off in the summer of 2006. I went to a festival and got to see one of my favorite metalbands from the first row for the very first time. The band was -and still is- a popular power metal band and they tour all over the world. I was really excited and really got into it with every fiber of my being. My boyfriend was standing somewhere behind me but at that point I couldn't care less about him. The world had stopped spinning and there was only me and the band. At the end of the show I caught a guitar pick from one of the guitarists, I don't remember which one -at that time I had yet to discover the magic that can happen between a musician and the audience. Unfortunately it was very hard to hold on to the pick, everyone near me tried to take it out of my hand and eventually a security guy who was watching the chaos took the matter in his hands and simply took the pick from all of us and gave it to a random chick. Just like that. I was furious, I knew I was the one that had caught it, it belonged to me, me, me! But it was too late... The whole thing had completely ruined my day, I had trouble enjoying the shows I watched after that and felt sad -all because of a stupid guitar pick!

When I got back home from the festival I still hadn't forgotten the whole pick-event and in my disappointment I searched the band's site for a way to contact them. I was in luck! At that time each bandmember's email was displayed on the site so I sent a message to each guitarist telling them the story of the guitar pick while trying to present myself as 'enjoyable' as I could. Apparently my efforts had paid off 'cause a few days later I received a reply from one of the guitarists telling me we could meet when they'd be back for the next tour.

A few months later I went to their concert with my boyfriend and some friends. The guitarist -let's call him "L" from now on- sent me a text telling me I could meet him before the show and he would meet me at the tour-bus in a few minutes. So I left my friends at the warm-up show, went to the bus and waited. He'd be right there... I was nervous as hell! When he showed up and greeted me it felt kinda weird. I immediately regretted putting on heels when I saw he wasn't very tall. The second thing that hit me was the British accent, ahh lovely! When a guy plays guitar ánd has a British accent he "tops my charts"! We got on the bus and he started off by giving me a little "tour" on the tour-bus. I can remember this part vividly. You may have seen a tourbus in a documentary or on TV but to really know what it's like you'd have to get on one. It's the attempt to squeeze every room of a house in a bus, and -believe me- it's not the most pleasant way to live, but it's a great experience nevertheless. He said I could 'try his bunk' if I wanted, but I respectfully declined (ironically this felt like cheap idiotic groupie-shit I didn't want to participate in). We went to sit in the lounge and he offered me a drink. Then we talked about silly stuff, which was pretty much small talk to get to where he wanted to -and secretly where I wanted to end up too... He played with my hair and told me how much he wanted to kiss me. This was a shot I didn't want to miss. Boyfriend or not, I let him kiss me. It wasn't soft or cautious, it was more of a nice, firm "I want you here and now"-kiss and I liked it! When he didn't stop I figured he probably wanted to go further, even though he had to get on stage real soon. But apparently that thought was enough to make me feel guilty and I said:"Shouldn't you be getting ready by now?". He said he probably should and acted like a gentleman. In just a few seconds we were back outside. He went backstage and I went back to my friends, feeling really weird... The warm-up show was already over. I decided to say as little as possible about what had happened. Of course I had to say some things 'cause my friends were interested in the conversation I'd had with L so I told them the silly things we had talked about. I struggled, trying to act completely normal and look like nothing had happened. I couldn't help thinking that a few minutes earlier I was making out with this amazing guy on a tour-bus! When the concert started I was relieved I no longer had to talk about it. But of course there was still L... On stage and right in front of me, my friends AND MY BOYFRIEND!

We were standing at the second or third row and L and I had a lot of eye contact. I enjoyed it and my friends smiled at me when they saw us 'communicating'. At some point L and the other guitarist were goofing around and obviously pointing at me. My friends noticed this and I started to realise that it wouldn't be that far-fetched for them -and my boyfriend(!)- to think that there might have happened something on that bus. Suddenly I didn't feel so good and panicked. At some point I almost fainted, fortunately I got myself back together after a drink. But I couldn't look L in the eye anymore. The rest of the concert felt more or less like a torture. The whole evening was going through my mind together with all of the possible talks I would be having with my boyfriend if he would find out what had happened.

When the concert was finally over we went to get some drinks at the bar. It didn't take too long for the conversation to shift back to the whole "L and the tour-bus event". I said to my friends they could meet him. I was back to my normal self and managed to get all enthusiastic again, like I was before. I texted L and he'd be right out. When he came to us I introduced him to my friends and one of them began a conversation with him about martial arts. L acted very cool and it wasn't awkward. After about fifteen minutes he went to greet some more fans. We said goodbye and went home...

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment